We continue to update the Recreational Program FAQs. If you have questions specific to this section, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Click on REGISTER under the Recreation menu.
• The next page you will see brings you into the Blue Sombrero system.
• On this page – if you have joined us in our programs in the past, you will log in here to gain access into your family account. If you have forgotten your user name or password – click on “Forgot user name or password?” and this information can be sent to the email we have on file. If you are new to Brookside Soccer Club you will need to create a new account.
• The next page should bring your into your Blue Sombrero account. For those new to Brookside Soccer Club, you will be asked for family/player information. Be sure you input your player(s) birthdate correctly, as that is the key component that prompts Blue Sombrero to “offer” the available programs for your age child.
• You can click on REGISTER NOW under your player’s name to begin selecting which program(s) you want for each of your players. The programs you select will go into your shopping cart for final checkout.
• Finally you will come to the SHOPPING CART page – where you select how you would like to pay: credit card or check (cash and money order if you come in person). Be sure you complete the checkout process to finalize your registration.
• If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
The registration fee provides each child with a fun, safe and fair soccer experience. As part of that experience, each player receives a uniform that they keep, and they will play in at least seven games.
● Early bird fee: $12 field usage fee + $43 registration fee = $55
● Regular fee: $12 field usage fee + $43 registration fee + $10 = $65
● Late fee: $12 field usage fee + $43 registration fee + $10 regular fee + $10 late fee = $75
The $43 registration includes player insurance and uniforms, background checks for coaches, referee pay, field prep and marketing. Since BSC’s formation, we have only had volunteer coaches which has proved to be a great benefit for our teams and league! We also have a safety program we share with coaches, and we team with the KCMO Parks & Rec to provide ID badges for our VERIFIED coaches. All BSC coaches must carry on them their approved ID badges for all BSC activities.
We close registration so coordinators can finalize team rosters and distribute to coaches one week later. We close the registration system two weeks before the season begins. We do not accept registrations after the official closing date unless there are extenuating circumstances.
If you have problems registering, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soccer leagues generally refer to divisions by age and list the “Under X” division name as well as a reference. Age-based divisions generally follow grade level because the birthday cut-off date is similar those used by most schools. We show the grade(s) generally corresponding to each Under (“U”) division in the table below.
Division > Grade U19 > High School U14 > 8th U13 > 7th U12 > 6th U11 > 5th U10 > 4th U9 > 3rd U8 > 2nd U7 > 1st U6 > K U5 > Pre-K
Age-based divisions work well for keeping teams even, but cause problems when kids can’t play with classmates. Switching to grade level classifications should also eliminate some confusion which tends to cause last-minute shuffling of players. The grade level classifications help simplify the team-building process for our division coordinators.
An 80% refund may be requested for any Brookside Soccer Club Recreational League season or camp/clinic no later than one day prior to the start of that league or camp/clinic. If refund is approved, uniforms, soccer balls and all other materials provided by BSC MUST be returned within one week before monies are released. No refund will be approved on the first day of scheduled recreational league play or camp/clinic or beyond. League fees are Non Transferable and may be revoked at any time by staff. Unauthorized use results in an automatic loss of league membership privileges.
Shin guards are mandatory for all players in all games and practices and must be worn under the player’s socks. Cleats are optional, but are recommended. We strongly encourage all players to bring plenty of water to all games and practices. In addition, ball size and other age-specific basic data are shown in the table below.
In order to ensure all divisions follow BSC’s core values, division coordinators have been asked to create balanced and fair teams. As per the club’s mission and within the registration system, 1st – 8th grade are single sex divisions and Pre-K, K and High School division are coed. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Your coach will do their best to schedule a practice on a day/time and at a location that is convenient to the team as a whole. You should hear from your coach a few weeks prior to the start of the season. If, for whatever reason, you have not and the season is approaching, please visit our Division Coordinator page HERE and ask for the coach’s contact information.