The Coaches & Players Only area during Brookside Soccer Club games is for just that — for head and assistant coaches and team members only. All other parents, siblings and excess coaches are to sit on the spectator side of the field.
• Volunteer coaches who are on the sidelines or actively participate in practices are required to complete a background check. Information regarding Background Checks can be found HERE.
• There is a 2-coach-per-sideline rule. ONLY the allocated head coach and one assistant coach should be on the sidelines during games. Also, siblings and anyone other than background-checked coaches/players should be in the sideline/spectator area. Please remind your parents of this rule and the reasons for implementing it:
- Referees can better understand which coach to interact with.
- Lessens crowding of the sidelines.
- It’s most beneficial to players to have fewer voices to focus on on the sidelines.
- Helps BSC better monitor approved coaches.