Parents and Coaches should read and follow the Parents Code of Conduct Brookside Soccer has created. Also, please review the following checklist:
Checklist for coaches, parents & players:
- Temperatures — please plan accordingly by wearing appropriate attire; layers in cooler weather are suggested. Coaches: Water breaks are necessary in both warm and cooler conditions.
- Sunscreen, water and an umbrella are highly recommended in all conditions.
- Please pick up any trash after the game — we want to respect our space and keep the new facility looking new.
- Uniforms — Some teams have not received uniforms. We are doing everything we can to resolve this issue. Coaches will receive any updates regarding uniforms; please be patient will all of us. All teams in 1st Grade and older will receive new uniforms (jersey, socks, shorts). Most teams have had at least one practice; if your team has not practiced, players still should arrive for their scheduled game. Pre-K and Kindergarten division players receive a jersey and size 3 soccer ball. ONLY coaches may retrieve equipment at Swope.
- Players MUST wear shin guards under their socks in order to play. Soccer cleats are recommended, but not mandatory.
- Rainouts — Information will be posted on our rainout line when games are cancelled or delayed due to weather. Also check our Facebook/Twitter pages for updates. Teams will play in rain and when the field is wet. Play will be halted when lightening is within close proximity to Swope Park. Rainout games will not be rescheduled.
- Schedules — Most schedules have been updated since they were originally posted to alleviate some scheduling conflicts. Please double check the schedule. Coaches — please send a reminder message to players with the Time, Date and Field assignment prior to that weekend’s games. Click here for SCHEDULES.
- Game Start Times — Games will begin on time; please arrive early in order to warm up.
- Time Management — Please allow extra time to get to your scheduled field (especially these first few weeks) while everyone adjusts to the parking situation, field locations and congestion.
- Concessions will be open at the two concession areas (one adjacent to Field 1 and the second on the west of Lewis Road near the Sporting KC training offices). There are also two drink vending machines.
- First Aid is located in two areas: Children’s Mercy Center for Sports Medicine staff will be on site during league play at the white tent at the northeast end of Field 2. Staff can be seen driving around the village in Brookside Soccer’s golf cart.
- Goal Posts & Nets. Please keep players and other children from climbing or otherwise playing on the goals, as this is very expensive equipment.
- Lost & Found — A lost & found bin will be located at the white tent at the north end of Field 2. Please turn in any lost/unclaimed items to BSC’s Field Monitor. For retrieval on days after items are lost, please send an email to Sadie@BrooksideSoccer.org
- NO FOOD ON FIELDS — No exceptions. Snacks are to be served on the concrete or natural grass areas surrounding the fields. Picnic tables are set up outside the concession stand for your convenience.
- No GUM or SUNFLOWER SEEDS.
- No PETS inside the Swope Soccer Park facility gates (unless they are registered service animals. Please leave pets at home (not locked inside parked cars).
- No Alcohol is allowed in KCMO city parks. Anyone caught with alcohol will be asked to leave the premises and is subject to fines.
- Orange Cones in Parking Lots. If an orange cone is blocking a parking spot in one of the parking lots at Swope Soccer Village, it is there for a reason. Please find another place to park and do not remove the cone in order to park. Your car will be towed.