All competitive team players are encouraged to attend the Strength, Agility, Quickness clinics (SAQs). These sessions are led by athletic trainers from Children’s Mercy Hospital. These soccer preparedness drills, exercises and stretches are designed to increase the player’s agility, strength and performance, decrease risk of injury and help with mental focus.
2018 Spring SAQ Sessions
This spring, each SAQ session will focus on a different training technique in order to help players develop/enhance specific skills. The sessions will be run by Mallory Valenstein, an athletic trainer from Children’s Mercy Center For Sports Medicine; and Tato Chiaparro, Brookside’s Youth Development Director and competitive coach.
Location: Swope Soccer Village, Field 3 South
Dates: Thursdays March 15, 29; April 12, 26; and May 10
Times for all players (boys & girls): 5:30-6:45 pm
- March 15 — Dynamic warmup and core; Changing direction at speed with the ball
- March 29 — Running basics and changing direction; Agility and coordination with the ball
- April 12 — Agility and changing direction; Dribbling and finding passes
- April 26 — Plyometrics and working on both feet
- May 10 — Speed and quickness and receiving with your back to the goal
Goalkeeper sessions will be held on the same days and times as all SAQ sessions.
• For competitive players ONLY
• Clinic sessions are encouraged and included in your club fees
• Please bring a ball and water and wear your BSC practice jersey; arrive timely for a prompt start. Team managers will be notified of any weather cancellations
• There will be no make-up sessions if a player misses or in the event of weather cancellation