All competitive team players are encouraged to attend the Strength, Agility, Quickness clinics (SAQs). These sessions are led by athletic trainers from Children’s Mercy Hospital. These soccer preparedness drills, exercises and stretches are designed to increase the player’s agility, strength and performance, decrease risk of injury and help with mental focus.
2019 Fall SAQ Sessions
Each SAQ session will focus on a different training technique in order to help players develop/enhance specific skills. All the sessions have been developed to increase player’s ability to make better decisions with the ball, as well as to better their strength and agility on the field.
The sessions will be run by Coach Tato Chiaparro, Brookside Soccer Club’s Director of Coaching Education & Youth Development and competitive coach.
Athletic trainers from Children’s Mercy Center For Sports Medicine will be running the training.
Who? All competitive players (boys and girls)
Cost: Free for BSC competitive players
Location: Swope Soccer Village, Field 1SW
- Thursday, August 16 – 5:30-6:45pm Speed and Quickness when dribbling the ball forward.
- Thursday, September 6 – 6:00-7:15pm Body Coordination when dribbling the ball forward.
- Thursday, September 20 – 6:00-7:15pm Quality turns when dribbling with speed.
- Thursday, October 4 – 6:00-7:15pm Using skills while speeding up with the ball.
- Thursday, October 18 – 6:00-7:15pm Being effective and agile to score goals.
• For competitive players ONLY
• Clinic sessions are encouraged and included in your club fees
• Please bring a ball and water and a great effort
• Wear your BSC practice jersey
• There will be no make-up sessions if a player misses or in the event of weather cancellation
Questions? Contact Coach Tato email@example.com